Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Are we there yet?

So, we decided to take a little road trip over Fall Break. Our first stop was St. George! Someday when I am rich, I am going to buy a house in St. George because I love it there. It was perfect weather. Kate was thrilled to death to swim...night and day! I was happy to shop with the girls, and Max and Sam were delighted to golf and have an In and Out burger.


While there we attended the Tuachan theater to see "Big River." We loved it. The kids were spellbound! Our new favorite song is "Arkansas."



The Glen Canyon Dam was next on the list. This place was incredible. Really amazing how big the dam really is. After driving all day, we pulled into Page, Arizona. I was sick of driving, and so happy to see the Dam Bar and Grill. I was dam thirsty by then. After a dam delish lunch from Taco Bell, we went on a dam tour of Antelope Canyon. It was really cool, but dam pricey.

Aaah! I could sure use a dam drink!




Max...you naughty boy!



Next stop, the Grand Canyon. I must admit I've never been there, and I was so excited to see it. It really is grand. As someone who is afraid of heights, it was a bit unnerving at times, but I just tried not to imagine myself falling into the depths of the canyon.










After a day of hiking in the canyon, imagine my disappointment when I returned to our hotel room and saw this sign on the toilet. I mean, C'MON, all day long I was looking forward to getting myself an ice cold glass of toilet water. Blast!!!











Max is the type of guy who likes to drive. I'm not. I like to drive from A-B the fastest way possible. However, I thought it would be fun to go to Four Corners, even though it was out of the way. So, after driving an extra hour (or two) to get to there, we weren't really happy to see that it was closed for the night.Don't they look happy and cheerful! Be glad you weren't in the car to here the whining and complaining!

The next morning, the kids decided it would be okay if we drove back to Four Corners and tried again. They really got a kick out of standing in separate states at the same time.
Kate stands in Utah, Sam in Arizona, Ali in Colorado, and Sarah in New Mexico

















5 comments:

Mother Bird said...

You're CRACKING me up! How fun...

Diana said...

DAM, that looks like it was a great family trip! LOL

Didn't you just LOVE Antelope Canyon? I know it's pricey, but Jim and I LOVED it when we went there....so beautiful.

As for the whinning when the four corners area was closed....Ummmmm, I'm pretty sure I can imagine as I'm sure I've heard the same thing somewhere in my past. LOL

Good memories for your family.

Ali said...

haha good times.....

Anonymous said...

It's about time. I have been waiting for an update. Fun trip. We go to Tuacahn every year and LOVE it.

Suzanna said...

Amy I love it you crack me up. Looks like a fun trip even though you didn't get your ice cold toilet water. Maybe next time.