Monday, September 1, 2008

Book of Mormon Stories...

We have been dutifully reading the Book of Mormon as a family every day...almost. The last time we read it completely through we took the kids to Tepanyaki. This time through they chose to go to the Mayan. As it happened, we had two pages left as of last night, so we had a marathon reading session this morning, and then loaded up for the Mayan. Since it was Labor Day, we invited the cousins to join us. Aside from the hour long wait to get a table, we had a great time. I'm really proud of my kids for participating in this scripture reading venture. I know it is hard for them to get up and read every morning, but I know our lives our blessed because we make the effort. So thanks guys!

Everybody say Captain Moroni!

Sam and Brad, two future missionaries.

The kids/cousins posing with the scantily clad diver at the Mayan.

4 comments:

Mother Bird said...

Is that naked guy Tim?

Ali said...

hahaha. that was really not that great of a reward

Michelle said...

Sis Darrington! I'm so glad you left me a comment so that I could discover your family's blog! You are all so great. I'm living with Elizabeth Clayton, Megan Stutts and my sister Katie. We all miss you but our new ward is really good, it'll be a fun year.

Jill said...

Amy--why don't you blow up a picture of this blog for me??? You could photo-shop all of the kids out of it (HAHAHAHAHAHAH) I am having a ball reading all of your great stories, and I am so proud of all of you kids for reading the BOM Alison, darling, if you can't say nice things to your mummy, don't say anything at all. xoxoxoxoxoxolove gma jill