Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Concert Fun

James Blunt...tiny little leprechaun with a rockin voice.

Sheryl Crow with the nice hair and liberal view.


Heidi and I...the two of ten sober people at the concert.


Heidi called me Monday to invite me to a Sheryl Crow concert that evening...sounded fun so I agreed. Our seats were awesome! 4th row at the USANA...I could've hit the performers with a spit wad we were so close. First up was James Blunt...he reminded me of a little leprechaun because he is a wee little sprite. However, I still developed a tiny crush on him because he was so entertaining! He rocked the house. Sheryl Crow was great too. I have a few observations from the evening.

1. James Blunt had serious pit stains and needs a few more shirts.

2. Sheryl Crow has really nice hair, and killer biceps/triceps.

3. Sheryl Crow is very liberal.

4. Sober people are smarter than drunk people, and it is quite possible the four of us were the only sober people in the whole place.

Case in Point:

A. The couple on the front row who had their toddler in one arm and a beer in the other at a very loud, very late concert.

B. The man and lady in the front row who mistakenly thought they were home alone in their bedroom so it was okay to put their hands in places they probably shouldn't have been given we were at a public concert and they were on the front row.

C. The lady on the 3rd row in the cute shirt wearing a pair of white cowboy boots while playing as though she was riding a bucking bull. I'm not sure how else to explain the hip gyrations she was performing except to say "thanks for the entertainment" as we actually watched you more than we watched Sheryl Crow.



Good times! Thanks for the invite Heidi!

3 comments:

Ali said...

mother!!! is this APPROPRIATE to put on your BLOG??!!!!

Mother Bird said...

can't you block the kids from looking? FUNNY post!

Suzanna said...

That was the funniest thing I've read all night. This coming from one of the other sober people at the concert. I'm glad you went to Amy you were highly entertaining. (Not as much as all the drunks, but close.)